Monday, December 1, 2014

December1, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!



Buenas Tardes a Todos! :D

So these past two weeks were so good! We had Zone Conference and talked about the importance and the blessings of this work we are engaged in. We are engaged in the salvation of souls. I read a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland that he gave in an MTC that is called "The Miracle of a Mission". It is so amazing! Missionary work is so important and is not just that of a missionary. The ward and references help so much and it is so important that every new member and member has a friend, a calling, and is nourished by the word of God. When we receive a calling it really is directly from our Heavenly Father.

So also in this conference we talked about how success is achieved when we do our part and are EXACTLY OBEDIENT! It is not easy but those days that we do it are Heavenly. they aren´t easy but we can sleep with the knowledge that we did our all. So this conference was on a Wednesday and my companion and I only had 10 lessons. the goal for the mission is 40 lessons every week. we had 4 more days in the week to get 30 more lessons... we left that conference with a greater determination and a feeling of anything is possible..... And Guess how many lessons we had in those 4 days.... 29! we achieved 39 lessons! We only faltaba 1! But we could see the blessings that if we do our all Heavenly Father can bless us and help us complete with his commandments and the goals of the mission. we have had more lessons than our whole district just about  every week and we really set the bar that week! we are the only ones in the district that opened an area and we could demonstrate to the district that anything is possible and our Heavenly Father blesses us for every effort.
this past week we helped a tienda break big pieces of cinnamon like actual cinnamon! its pretty cool and we´re going to try a fruit that is called granada de china:D it looks like a yellow grapefruit but i heard it tastes different and is sweet:D I'll let ya kow how it goes:D

Also we have an investigator de ORO (GOLD) she is going to be baptized this month and is so good. I love teaching her!

We had the first performance of the christmas choir of like 32 missionaries yesterday. I had a speaking part and they asked me to sy the closing prayer in front of everyone and if you guys forgot it needed to be in Spanish :D it was all good. the solo i had didn't happen because they changed directors and the directors took the song out before even practicing it. so sadly I didn't have a chance to redeem myself ha oops. but the program was so pretty and we all wore red and black:D I love the mission! I love you all!

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!!! they don´t celebrate it here but I'm okay with that because I feel like we eat a lot anyway but I did remember that this day is important because we have so much to be grateful for. I am so grateful for all of you and the opportunity I have to be here on a mission in Mexico Pachuca participating in the work of our Savior. IO am so thankful for the blessing of the knowledge I have of the gospel in my life and that we can all share this blessing with everyone we know. I love you all! que descansen! hasta luego!:D thank you all for your love and support:D

Con Amor, Hermana C. Nicolosi :D

Mi companera y yo! We didn't have changes so we get another 6 weeks together and Christmas!
Haha so we wanted to make sugar cookies for our district leader and his compañion because they did so much and sacrificed so much for me and my conpañera this cycle! the only problem was  we couldin´t figure out how to start the oven because we found out later we have to use a match to light it:D ha so as you can tell by the picture we tried to cook some of the dough like pancakes and when we saw that wasn´t working my compñion was like hey I´ll try cooking them in the microwave on a plastic plate for like 3 minutes;D she cooked a cake in a microwave once;D yea Bad Ideas!:D so guess what... the plate kinda melted and the cookies burned in the pan and the microwave and there was smoke coming out of the microwave... ooops! but all is well the microvave still works we didn´t start a fire and we ended up making two really big pancakes with crushed oreo for them and they were so happy and said it was the thought that counted about the cookies but they loved the pancakes!:D we gave the pancakes to them before the ward council meeting in the morning before church and right after we found them in the kitchen enjoying their big pancakes hahah:D


No comments:


Post a Comment


No comments:

Post a Comment