Hey You All! Que Pasa or whats up?:)
Well this week was super exciting! Okay so this week my companion was still pretty sick but well enough to finally be able to go see our investigators that live 30 minutes away from our house in our area. We went and saw them and 2 of them still want to get baptized and their parents are super inactive. They were baptized and received the lessons for the second time and then they stopped going, and it's been like over 20 or 25 years.Their sons that want to get baptized are 25 and 27 years old. So when we were visiting the parents they said that they can't go to church because they have to go to Pachuca to work on Sunday and we said something about keeping the Sabbath day holy or Dia de Reposo or Day of rest. She was like oh we aren't keeping it holy by working? And I was straight forward haha I said, No but can we explain it to you? And so we explained it and they understood. And I explained to them clearly that now that their sons want to be baptized they need to be willing to keep the commandments of God and show that they are willing to keep this covenant by going to church for at least 5 Sundays before their baptism (they already have 3 from before) and since they have a compromise this Sunday we can move their baptism date because we couldn't visit them earlier to give a heads up to their customers there but she said that the next Sunday they would all go. Then I asked for how many Sundays, and she said forever no, because it is a commandment. It is amazing that when we really understand the doctrine it changes our attitudes and behavior and lives. We are going to see them again Thursday:)
Also we had divisions with the sister training leaders and I went with the sister that is from Idaho too! She is tall and white and it is obvious that she is not Mexican and she said to a bus driver we were going to Tepa so we could pay him and she said it like two times and he didn't understand jaja and so he looked at me and I said it once and he understood! Wahoo! I think he thought I was Mexican...haha they usually do or they think I'm from Argentina or something, until I start talking a lot and then it is obvious where I'm from haha. So any way we take a bunch of big buses to get around in my area and she was like so you want to do a lesson on the bus)? And I was like a lesson or contact because I've only contacted.... a lesson includes an opening and closing prayer where we teach a principle of the gospel and leave an invitation. I was like what? But then I was like sure we can do that.... dying inside haha. She asked permission from the bus driver and he of course said yes and she started! Haha she said the first prayer and the quick lesson was about prayer and some participated and then I asked if anyone could say the closing prayer and someone did! This guy was a member!!!! wahoo! So then when we had to head back to another area the sister told me okay your turn and I was like no I don't want to start, and well she waited for me to start for like 5 seconds and with a smile .... Hi everyone..... and I said the first prayer.... out of theses two lessons on the big bus I think we only had one person give us her direction but at least we did our part in talking with EVERYONE!! Wow it was awesome! And then we were heading back to my area the next day in the morning and a car with their base really strong passed us by and the sister was being a little silly and started beat boxing just a little and the car had like 2 men that saw us! They said stuff like hey guapas.... and then they left... or so we thought haha. We got to the church and then the bishop took all 4 of us sisters to another place to take a combi to leave for their area and the bishop asked if we knew the guy in the car at the church and I said I didn't see anyone but before we got there, there were some guys that were bugging us a little and it turned out that they had gone around the corner and came back and were now following us!!!! The counselor of the bishop noticed it and was following us too... we got there to drop off the 2 sisters at the bus stop and the counselor waited near them until the combi came and the bishop took me and my companion to our house...and later the sisters told us what happened right after we left. Well when we dropped them off the car had parked a little further and when we left he drove over to them and there was a group of other people there waiting for the bus too but this guy got out of his car and said stuff like you are so pretty and I like you and all this stuff to the sister from Idaho (I wasn't there at this moment) and the counselor was there and intervened and helped the situation....explained that they are missionaries and that the guy can't hug her .... the Mexican sister that is her companion gave the guy a card with a picture of Jesus and the guy at one point was like...sorry to make her uncomfortable I just couldn't go without telling you how I felt.... turns out he was drunk! Haha and well the counselor made sure that the sisters got on the combi safely and left safely and all is well hahaha! I know that Heavenly Father protects his missionaries! Haha it was kinda funny;) Dont worry Mom;)
Oh and my companion still isn't quite better, it will take a bit so we had special changes and now she is in Pachuca and now I have a companion from Mexico:) She is really sweet and fun, so I'm excited and her name is Hermana Gonzales. My second companion with that same last name haha. Well we just changed companions today so I left the camera at the house! I'm excited to be able to work harder this week! I love you all! Thank you for your prayers!!!:)
Love,
Hermana Cienna Nicolosi
No comments:
Post a Comment