Well today is Monday and I have 9 days left to be as a set apart missionary with a name tag and then the rest of my life to keep being a missionary:)
This last week my companion and I have been looking for more people to teach that really have a desire to progress and we have had wonderful experiences:) First on Monday we were walking and I thought we should go see a sister that hasn`t been coming to church. We went and she wasn`t there but we were visiting with her dad and she got there. We were talking about the General conference and how we were invited to ponderize o en español meditizar a scripture every week. I shared the one that I was ponderizing and she started crying and just felt such a need to come back to church and live the gospel. She thanked Heavenly Father for sending us there because he knew she needed us at that time. It was another testimony to me that the spirit had led us there and we were in the right place at the right time.
We went to see an investigator that was a reference from a sister in the ward. She had come to church one time and we got to know her a little better in this visit. It was so cool to teach them because her little boy is 8 and he was answering all the questions and we could teach in a simple way so that they both could understand.
It is so cool how having the spirit can change or soften a heart if they let it. We were visiting a brother that is a returned missionary that was saying that he doesn't have any references for us because none of his friends will accept for reasons like the word of wisdom or whatever ....But I shared how we know that the gospel is for everyone and that God can help people change. Then shared a scripture in D&C 18:10,15-16, and after he read that his heart was softened and really had the view of how he really can invite his friends to get to know the gospel and he thought of some to share the gospel with.
We did a bunch of service on Thursday weeding a yard and cleaning part of a kitchen and helping someone cut vegetables and it was fun to get to know them more by serving and helping them.
A young man de 16 años accompanied us in a lesson with a reference that someone gave us. We got there and the woman was basically like, well what do you want or what can we do for you....and I was like oh wow thinking okay just be nice;) haha and they were saying things and this young man without waiting for us to tell him decided to talk and share his testimony that families can be together forever because of temples...and the three adults just sat there in silence without words for a moment kinda surprised. And it was awesome because that kid had just come from seminary and had the spirit with him!
Yesterday we taught a 60 year old that has the attitude of an 18 year old kid who wants to be baptized so that he can be with his love of maybe 40 years old forever. He said just tell me what I have to do. We had to explain the great importance of baptism and that it isn`t something you just do and then yea sino you really need to have a testimony of what it is and why you are doing it and that he will have to do his part in taking the lessons and reading and praying and going to church... they weren't very nice to my companion about her spanish and I felt so sad because I remember when people would treat me like that when I was new...but so valiant she just let it slide off her back and still shared her testimony. Last night we were looking for someone new to teach and we didn`t know where to go so we said a prayer and knocked on some doors which rejected us haha and then as we continued to look I saw a house with the lights on inside and I was like hey why not here. We went and knocked on the door, at first she was like well how about another day and the member with us said something and she was like well do you have to come in and I said if she wants we can do the prayer right there outside her door and she said that she didn`t have very many chairs and we said it was fine and she let us in. We said the prayer and taught a little and she accepted to prepare to be baptized in November. Prayer and Faith with works! It was also cool to teach an inactive family because the spirit helped me think of a good example to help them understand that going to a new ward is like your first day in middleschool... and then the big highschool.. the first day isn`t too comfortable but after a month or 6 months yea you've got the groove and you feel more comfortable.....
It was hard to focus this week but as I prayed for help and really focused on the needs of the people we taught I could feel the spirit and follow his Guide. I love being a missionary and love those opportunities to contact, this week for example we said buenas tardes to a group of people across the street and they didn`t respond but the lady that was walking a little ahead of us said buenas tardes because they didn't respond to us haha....and I started talking to her and she was nice and accepted that we come and visit her another day.
I love you all!!! keep ponderizing and reading your scriptures and praying!! And if you aren't doing it start where you are right now:) You can Do it! It's never too late:)
Love you all!
See you in 9 days.
Con amor, Hermana Cienna Nicolosi
No comments:
Post a Comment