Monday, September 28, 2015

Faith and Works.....9.28.15

Good afternoon friends and family,

     I hope all you sisters over there went to see the Woman's General Conference last Saturday! It was so beautiful! I love that it talked about our divine nature and the importance to recognize our own individual worth and daughters loved of God. You are all beautiful and special women in my life and I love you all...Mom, sisters, leaders.....I am soo excited for General Conference on Saturday and Sunday too!!! Hope you all will make time to listen to the counsel of Our prophet and apostles who God has called to guide His church!
 I am super happy and grateful and am so blessed to be able to be here on a mission serving my Heavenly Father here in Mexico. My companion is so awesome and we are having a blast working so hard and finding people to teach. There are so many people who have felt through the spirit that what they are learning is true but they aren't willing to change or act to keep the commandments because the things that they are doing are more important for them than receiving the blessings that our Heavenly Father has ready to give them when they decide to come unto Him.
My companion and I have been working so hard and a lot of people accept a baptism date, and to come to church and then they decide that they have to do something else at the same time, so they don't come... but my companion and I prayed with so much faith that an investigator  would come and a single mom with her two children came to church with her friend that is a member and this investigator had accepted a baptism date when we had taught her last Tuesday!! Prayers with faith work when we act and do our part Heavenly Father will guide and help us in all things. Okay I feel like I'm not expressing myself very good in English right now but I hope this all makes sense haha:)
And I´ve been reading in the Book of Mormon about how God tells His people to repent and He will protect them from their enemies but they decide to have more confidence for their own strength and they are destroyed. I feel like it is so easy as we read to see what they were doing wrong and then I start thinking, well what am I doing that is keeping me from receiving blessings or help and guidance from my Father in Heaven sometimes. The Atonement is real and when we have a true desire to repent and change we are forgiven and God will remember our sins no more. We just need to exercise our faith doing what we know to be true no matter how hard it is  and confide in Him.
I love you all! Thank you all for your love and prayers!:)
Con cariño,
 Hermana Cienna Nicolosi

escritura favorita
ether 12:27 it says that weak things can be made strong:)

No comments:

Post a Comment