Monday, September 1, 2014
When Ye Are In The Service of Your Fellow Beings...
![]() |
| Painted the wall red! Service is so fun! |
![]() |
| This cutie greets everyone one-by-one during sacrament meeting with a hug and a kiss and is so full of love! |
![]() |
| This kid is so happy! He can't really see or hear but loves music! |
![]() |
| This is my district, the Sister Training Leaders, and my Ward Mission Leader (the guy with the facial hair) ;) So fun! |
![]() |
| HAHA! :D |
![]() |
| This is Daniel; he works so hard! His brother, Angel, came to Church for three Sundays and will get baptized September 13th! |
![]() | ||
| Yeah, I'm holding a machete! No big deal ;) Haha, they use it for cutting the grass! :D We were doing a ward service project cutting grass and planting trees! So fun! |
Monday, August 25, 2014
I Choose The Savior
Hey Everyone!
Had my first Zone Conference this last week! It was amazing and the Spirit was so strong. We learned that the Holy Ghost is so important to have in lessons and that our personal study in the mornings make or break how well our day is. I have felt so much more of the Spirit recently and it is amazing. Our investigator, Angel, has his baptism scheduled for the 13th of September! He has attended Church all three hours for the past two Sundays and asked for work off in the mornings for all of the Sundays before (and I think for after his baptism too)! He has such strong faith and a light that shines from his eyes. It is so awesome! And Karina has not married or separated yet and was pretty bummed about the recent companion change, so we need to have a talk to see if she sincerely wants to continue the lessons or not.
I love you all. Keep continuing to be better everyday. There is so much power in having knowledge about the gospel. We can't just be good on Sunday and do whatever we feel like the rest of the week. This life is a state of probation and we need to decide now whose side we're on. As for me, I choose the Savior.
Love,
Hermana Cienna Nicolosi
Pictures:
Had my first Zone Conference this last week! It was amazing and the Spirit was so strong. We learned that the Holy Ghost is so important to have in lessons and that our personal study in the mornings make or break how well our day is. I have felt so much more of the Spirit recently and it is amazing. Our investigator, Angel, has his baptism scheduled for the 13th of September! He has attended Church all three hours for the past two Sundays and asked for work off in the mornings for all of the Sundays before (and I think for after his baptism too)! He has such strong faith and a light that shines from his eyes. It is so awesome! And Karina has not married or separated yet and was pretty bummed about the recent companion change, so we need to have a talk to see if she sincerely wants to continue the lessons or not.
I love you all. Keep continuing to be better everyday. There is so much power in having knowledge about the gospel. We can't just be good on Sunday and do whatever we feel like the rest of the week. This life is a state of probation and we need to decide now whose side we're on. As for me, I choose the Savior.
Love,
Hermana Cienna Nicolosi
Pictures:
![]() |
| We had a ward service activity planting trees in the area on Saturday! (Hermana Diaz, me, Hermana Sanchez, and Hermana Lagos) |
-![]() |
| P-Day! This is my amazing companion Hermana Diaz. She has such a strong testimony and is so fun! |
![]() |
| This is our district leader Elder Mora from Columbia (with his mouth open) and Elder Maravilla (farthest right). They call me Hermana Nicolini, haha. So the whole district jokes about it ;) |
![]() |
| KFC for lunch on P-day with the district. Yep, I'm the only North American and it is so fun! |
![]() |
| More rain! :D It got so deep again! And I ran into a lady from New york that didn't know Spanish so it was interesting to talk to her. I kept trying to talk in Spanish too. |
![]() |
| This fruit is called Higo. It grows on trees and kind of tastes like a vegetable but is kinda good ;) |
![]() |
| I saw my first scorpion here. It came in my new companion's suit case from another area that is really hot; so I don´t think we have any here. But cool huh :) |
![]() |
| This is just a pretty pic I took of part of my area! |
![]() |
| Picture with some of the Sisters from our Zone Conference |
Monday, August 18, 2014
Pictures
Cienna didn't have time to write a letter this week but sent these pictures for us to enjoy :)
![]() |
| Oh yea! We found a new house and moved in wWednesday night July 30. Love it! |
![]() |
| This fruit is called Tuna! Hahaha, but it doesn't taste like it ;) |
![]() |
| My new Companion Hermana DĆaz! She is from Mexico and is soooooo amazing! We were made companions on Friday! |
Monday, August 11, 2014
Language Specialist
Hola Everybody!
Alrighty, so this week has been great! :) Last Monday I had the fastest hair cut of my life! It turned out pretty good ;) Ha, and Tuesday we had "intercambios" which is when we go on splits with the sister training leaders. One of the recent-converts they had (in the other area) I got to review what Tithing and Fasting is. It is such an amazing experience to see the testimony that man had about tithing and it is so neat to see the impact this gospel has in peoples lives. It is so exciting to share this gospel with the people in Mexico! I love thinking about the story of Ammon and King Lamoni! It is so cool to be part of this great work!
So I don't remember if I already told you guy's but I'm a language specialist in my district now and for the rest of my mission. That means I give english exams to the Spanish missionaries! Haha, also I'm the only American in my district, so yea ;) haha. It's pretty exciting! I try my best to answer their questions and explain things about English in Spanish, haha :)
Crazy enough, some people here in Mexico even say my name wrong like Hermana Nicolossi... Oh man... Ha, but they try ;) In my district an Elder calls me Hermana Nicolini because it sounds Italian I guess, haha. It's funny :)
Ahh, no mucho tiempo! Okay, so the investigator, Angel, still hasn't been able to come to church yet because of work, but he's working on it. He is so good and wants baptism, so he´ll get there! 1 Nephi 3:7. Well, hopefully more time next week, and pics! Love you all! CTR!
Con Amor,
Hermana Cienna Nicolosi
Monday, August 4, 2014
Listening To The Spirit
Hey Everyone!
So this is my email for last week (this week) ;). I have learned so much more about the gospel and my testimony just keeps growing! I have more fully understood the importance of not only communication but good communication! Ha :) And listening to the Holy Ghost blesses your life soo much! I had an experience with my companion; she was struggling and we were not able to work together very well. We talked a bunch of different times and still were having difficulties. I prayed to Heavenly Father that He would help me know what to say and what she needed to hear. The Holy Ghost directed my words and my thoughts and it was amazing. She finally opened up and we were able to make huge progress! There is so much power in listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and if we are obedient to the commandments we can have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion everyday. "Yo se que La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ćltimos DĆas es verdadero (I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true).
¡Les quiero mucho (I love you all!)! :D
Con amor,
Hermana Nicolosi
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Pictures!
Here are a bunch of pictures that we found on Cienna's mission blog from between June 22-July 27, 2014
Monday, July 28, 2014
Good Communication is Key
![]() |
| Our new house! |
I'm feeling sooo much better after being sick before! Wahoo! :) And we found a new house!!! It is the happy color yellow and we move in tomorrow!!! :D the dueƱo (the person we are renting from) was telling us what he does for work and when he was trying to say it in English. He was like, "I'm a liar" and I was confused (jaja) and shortly after we discovered he is a lawyer! haha :) I thought it was pretty funny ;) Anyway the house is like two houses down from an investigator too and he's kinda like a grandpa and calls us, "mi hijas" which translates to "my daughters" haha. Maybe we'll be able to help his wife gain an interest in the church too! We have another investigator named "Guadalupe" and she went to church with us yesterday! And she said she would come again next week! And our investigator, Angel, couldn't go to church on Sunday again :/ He hasn't been able to go even once but is ready and wants to get baptized! So he is ending work this week and is going to look for a new job that doesn't have him work on Sunday! So he's going to church next week and will get baptized toward the end of Agosto (August)!
I've learned even more how good communication is so important! My companion and I were pretty frustrated with each other and we finally talked it all out. It is pretty painful to talk things out sometimes but afterwards you feel so much better and the Spirit can be your constant companion when you do what is right and keep the commandments. I know that contention drives the Spirit away and the Holy Ghost is such an amazing gift that if we live worthy to have him as a companion our lives are blessed. My companion and I are doing so much better and are ready to face this week with more strength because we will have the Spirit to guide us more abundantly.
We watched the video about "The Stone Cutter" with John Roy Moyle who worked on the Salt Lake City Utah Temple as a stone mason. His story is so inspiring because no matter what obstacles in life he faced he was always one to act! Faith is the first principle of the gospel. Faith is an action verb so when we have faith we act on what we believe or hope to be true even if we cannot see it. Faith is hope. I know that faith is so important and that often times it does not seem easy to live the gospel how we believe or know to be true. But as "un representante de Jesucristo yo prometer y testificar que" (a representative of Jesus Christ I testify and promise that) when we keep the commandments and apply the principles of the gospel in our daily lives God, our loving Heavenly Father, blesses us. Also we are blessed when we are obedient and have faith to follow the example of Jesus Christ, repent each day, continually do better, are baptized, live in a way to follow Jesus Christ, and "preseverar hasta el fin" (endure to the end). The only way we can attain true happiness in this life and joy in the eternities is if we live the principles of the gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This is the only Church that has the fullness—total truth and authority of God.
I love you all! I'll send pics next week!
Love,
Hermana Cienna Nicolosi
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment